Architecture and Software Design
|Tittle||Architecture and Software Design|
|Cycle (first/second)||First Cycle|
|Semester when the component is delivered||4th semester|
|Course description|| The purpose of discipline "Architecture and software design" is to study the methods
of software design, learning design patterns, development environments and
architectures, research of existing middleware software architectures, the
design of distributed systems using middleware software.
In result study course "Architecture and software design" students must:
• design and implement software using different technologies of middleware software;
• to understand the concept of software architecture, approaches to its analysis and building;
• to know the main existing architecture, software tools for their implementation, their characteristics and features, and to be able to apply these tools in practice;
• to use adequate quality metrics as tool of the quality estimation of design, to estimate conformity of the design results to stated goals;
• to master the basic methods of object-oriented software design, to be able to apply these methods in practice;
• to modify projects using considered approaches to the changes management;
• use methods of reverse engineering.
Module 1. Technologies of software developmentTopic 1. Modern methods and technologies of software development.
Topic 2. Technology of Company "Rational Software".
Module 2. Structure and software architectureTopic 3. Introduction to architecture and software design.
Topic 4. Architectural designing.
Topic 5. Architecture of distributed systems.
Module 3. Strategies and methods of software designTopic 6. Object-oriented design.
Topic 7. Design of the real-time systems.
Topic 8. Design with components reuse.
Module 4. Quality analysis and software design evaluationTopic 9. Design of User Interface.
Topic 10. Tools for support design. Notations.
|Learning outcomes|| Name and description of
competencies, which ensures the formation of the discipline "Architecture
and design software":
- The current understanding of the structure and software architecture, software design methods;
- The ability to design components of software architecture.
Contents of skills provided by the above-described competences - design components of architectural solutions.
Contact hours (lectures/seminars)
|Introduction to Software Engineering, Analysis Requirements to Software|
Number of ECTS credits allocated