Institutional Building and Project Management
|Tittle||Institutional Building and Project Management|
|Cycle (first/second)||First Cycle|
|Semester when the component is delivered||8-th semester|
|Course description||The aim of the course is to develop in students a
holistic understanding of the nature and essence of institutions, theoretical
approaches to their research, evolution and current trends development,
peculiarities of the modern world economic order, and problems of formation and
development of a new world economic order.
The main objective of the course "Institutional building and project management" is to study the basic methodological and methodical questions of functioning and basic principles of the structure of economic institutions in the context of globalization and desovereignization.
Module 1. The concept of institutions and their role in economic developmentTopic 1. Institutional Causes of Economic Performance
Topic 2. Theories of Institutions
Topic 3. New Institutional Economics
Topic 4. Institutions and Economic Development
Module 2. International economic institutions and project managementTopic 5. The role of the United Nations as an economic institution
Topic 6. The World Bank Group
Topic 7. Institution building in the framework of European Union policies common twinning manual
Topic 8. The current world economic order, especially the formation and development.
Topic 9. Project management
Topic 10. Global Project Management
|Learning outcomes|| Upon completion of the course, the students should
- theoretical basis of the origin, formation and development of institutions in a globalized world;
- methodological approaches to research and comparative analysis of institutional processes development;
- methodology and techniques of project management of global projects institution building.
Tittles and description of competencies, which the studying of the discipline provides:
- the ability to analyze the processes of institutional development of state and institutional problems construction;
- the ability to identify the dynamics and patterns of functioning institutional component economic development;
- the ability to apply methods of statistical analysis to carry out comparative studies of the institutional environment.
Contact hours (lectures/seminars)
|Economics, International Economics, International Trade|
Number of ECTS credits allocated